Shanghai Motorola today debuted a ebook reader that’s called EM1 in Shanghai. This company’s full name is Shanghai Motorola Telecom Product Trading Company (also called SMP), which is a joint venture of Motorola and China Putian Eastern Communications Company. So this ebook is under the brand SMP, not Motorola in fact. EM1 runs Android 2.1 OS, with Wi-Fi connectivity to access Internet, though its display is a 6 inches 16 gray level E-ink. It measures 198mm*129mm*9.5 mm, and weighs 260g.Pretty light and thin. Besides, it supports pen input, and the battery could support up to 15 hours standby time. It’s said it would arrive at the market in a few days. The specified price was still not mentioned. It’s just said the price would go under 3000 Yuan, which says nothing at all.
- Motorola A1680 Android Handset Hands-on video
- Motorola Quench MB501 and Quench XT3 Android Handset Launched in Taiwan
- Spy spots of new Motorola Android handsets
- Motorola ME600 (Backflip) shipped in China, priced at 3998 Yuan ($587)
- Motorola XT800 officially launched in China
Link to full article