Yesterday, California-based Box.net announced $48 million funding (in Series D) to expand its Cloud based data storage service (collaboration based).
What’s interesting is that the company was started in a dorm room and the founding team used to answer customer support queries sitting in a class room.
Watch these two videos where CEO Aaron Levie shares great learnings.
- Do something that was not possible three years ago,
- Do something you are extremely passionate about,
- Don’t compromise,
- If you feel comfortable, you’re probably not doing it right, and
- Don’t write your obituary too early
1. Launching From the Dorm Room
2. Five Solid Startup Lessons
An important quote from the video: If not you, somebody else is gonna do it.
What’s your take?
Link to full article