Pictures about Beijing Apple store conflict between employees and queuing customers have been circling on the web, but because of the language obstacle some English reports seem quite away from the fact. most of them said the injured customers are scalpers, but this is not confirmed by any Chinese media.
The conflict was happened around 5 PM on May 7 Beijing time. At the beginning a queue jumper caused quarrel in the queue. Security staffs were trying to keep the queue in order again, but they had physical conflict with some customers while handling this. At this time, a foreign man named John, in Apple store employee uniform, went directly to the queue from the store and beat several customers with a metal club, and then returned back to the store quickly. Irritated crowed were trying to enter the store to look for that foreign man, but were stopped by security staffs. A glass door was pushed down and broken during the confict.
four people were injured in this incident, including two women. Right now they are still in hospital for treatment, and they have to pay the fee on their own. There’s still no official statement about this incident from Apple.
- Video: People crowded to watch a vagrant playing with his iPad in Beijing
- Yosion Apple Peel 520 now on sale, priced at 520 Yuan
- Video: HTC Magic runs iPhone OS4?
- Jobs Steve sent three words to confort a China developer that got robbed during WWDC2010
- Apple meets iPad trademark problem in China
- Funny video:Apple’s Beijing store attacked by a Terminator robot
- Apple paid Hanvon $3.65 million in the ‘i-phone’ trademark deal
- Foxconn is building WAPI version iPhone for China Unicom
Link to full article