Here are some interesting startup news from Japan, not only from its capital, Tokyo, but also other startup hubs like Fukuoka, Kyoto, Osaka, and many more.
(1) Internet company DeNA has announced that they will acquire all shares of the Vietnamese game development company Punch Entertainment. Buyout was supposed to have completed in September.
(2) Grenge has released a free-to-download communication app called “Group Talk” for mixi and Android. “Group Talk” is a group chat application which allows you to choose your close friends from “My miku” (friends on mixi) and have a chat just with them.
(3) Google released a new version of Google+ app for iPhone on iTunes store. The revision 126.96.36.1996 version seems to block users who convert phonetics to Japanese (both Chinese-kanji and kana) letters.
(4) eBook Initiative, which runs Japanese online e-book mall eBookJapan, announced that their IPO at Tokyo Stock Exchange Mothers section has been approved.
(5) Taito is coming out with “Space Invaders Infinity Gene LITE”, an Android game app on DeNA’s Mobage platform. The free app allows users to get a taste of “Space Invaders Infinity Gene”, which is distributed in the Japanese Android Market.
(6) Konami has launched an arcade game called Baseball Heroes 2011 Shine Star, which is linked to one of its social games, Professional Baseball Dream Nine,which have about 1 million users on the GREE platform.
We thank nordicfactory for the flag image.
Link to full article