Here are some interesting startup news snippets from South Korea, not only in its capital, Seoul, but also other startup hubs such as Busan, Incheon, Ulsan and many more. These stories are taken from our partner, onsuccess, a website on start-ups and entrepreneurship in South Korea.
(1) Nexon, a prominent online game developer and publisher in Korea, is examining a possible takeover of JCE, also an online game developer. On the 10th October, JCE announced an official investigation tasked with the provision of due diligence data amongst its majority shareholders and affiliated persons.
(2) Nexon Mobile announced on 5th October that it will enter into a partnership with DeNA, a Japanese mobile social game provider, to offer its social network game ‘MaypleStory: Our Adventure’ through Mobage, Japan’s largest mobile games portal.
(3) Enspert, a local media convergence specialist, will step up its collaboration with Google. The company is the first among local start-ups to be certified by Google after it launched the E201, its first Android tablet last year. This year, it unveiled the Identity Cron, another Android tablet, which is intended largely for overseas markets.
(4) Mobile messaging company KakaoTalk (CEO Mr. Jae-Bom Lee) had concluded an agreement on the cooperation and formation of an alliance with SM Entertainment (CEO Mr. Young-Min Kim) — famous for their promotion of K-Pop overseas as part of the Korean wave.
(5) Domestic mobile- messenger rookie “TicToc” is raising a few eyebrows. After a period of growth exceeding the leading Kakaotalk, Tik-Tok has been talking big of reaching the number one spot for all genre-leading apps in the online marketplace.
This has been brought to you by SGE and Onsuccess. Onsuccess is a media enterprise for start-ups and ventures in Korea. Onsuccess introduces innovative Korean start-ups and ventures to people overseas through media partners and inspires readers by sharing interesting business ideas and trends from all over the world. Furthermore, Onsuccess holds various events, offering actual chances for Korean start-ups and ventures to meet other start-ups, venture business partners and investors abroad. They publish in both Korean and English.
We thank nordicfactory for the flag image.
Link to full article