Opera Software has launched the beta version of Opera 12, codenamed “Wahoo”,which claims to be faster than its predecessors and introduces new features for both developers and consumers to play.
One of the major changes to Opera 12 is moving plugins into separate processes, ensuring that Opera is stable even when plug-ins are unstable (1/3 of all Opera crashes are caused by third party plug-ins such as Flash).
Other improvements to Opera include:
Camera support : Opera 12 supports getUserMedia, an API that allows web applications to use hardware like your computer’s built-in web cam.
Right-to-left scripts: Opera 12 will support Right-To-Left scripts in the interface and add new languages (Arabic, Farsi, Urdu).
Faster: Speed improvements by further optimizing the network SSL code and used smarter tab loading to accelerate start-up and shut-down times.
Other upgrades include:
- 64-bit versions for Mac and Windows
- Support for native pages in the browser (Opera Reader)
- Support for the Do Not Track header
- Introduction of a Windows and Tabs APIs that allow extensions to control the windows and tabs in the browser.
- CSS3 Animations and Transitions
- HTML5 Drag and Drop
- Support for CORS, Cross-Origin Resource Sharing
- Opt-in hardware acceleration and WebGL
Download the beta release from here.
Link to full article