Airtel las launched Dynamic Mobile Exchange (DME) for corporates. The solution allows the workforce to access enterprise data from anywhere on a device of their choice, in a secure manner– thus enhancing the business productivity while meeting mobile data security requirements of the enterprise.
Earlier we covered the low adoption of BYOD in India and nearly 50% of the companies in India have security policies that prohibit BYOD.
The solution has received clearance from DoT and key features of Airtel’s BYOD solution are:
- Secure email – Email security across multiple device platforms
- Containerization – Segregates personal & official email, data, applications and other documents in separate containers
- Corporate App store (App Box) – Allows any enterprise to launch its own corporate app store
- Remote Device Manager -Management, administration, remote management of users, devices and applications of mobile fleet of any Enterprise user
- Bundled Offering – Offers mobile handheld bundled with 2G/3G data along with mobile application and DME solution
- Turnkey deployment – Provision, Installation & activation along with Enterprise call center. L1\ L2 and L3 onsite support handled by Airtel
Airtel DME allows employees to segregate official & personal data on the same device by containerizing the information such as emails, data applications, documents etc. The solution also empowers IT administrators to remotely manage and control the device basis individual company policy. In case of loss of the mobile device, the corporate container can be remotely locked and data can be wiped off, thereby protecting sensitive corporate information.
Recommended Read: Airtel 4G Review.
Link to full article